Summer is officially here! With such beautiful weather and so many activities to choose from, staying within budget can be difficult for some during this time. With that here are some budget friendly summer activities without breaking the bank.
If you’re staying home
- A great way to save money this summer is by taking advantage of activities in your hometown. Stay local and seek out free events in your town. These can be usually be found online on your city’s website and tend to include cultural events such as art walks, free concerts and food festivals.
- If you want to get away for a bit, cut the cost of travel by taking day trips to nature parks, hiking trails, rivers and beaches nearby. Also, pack your own food if you can.
- Volunteer in your local community. There are a variety of ways to get involved and give back this summer. Do yourself and others a favor by spending these beautiful summer days volunteering your time to making the world a better place.
If you’re going abroad
- If, on the other hand, you’ve decided you’d like to get away this summer, get creative about how to save some extra money. Look into booking a last minute cruise, for example. Deals tend to pop up at the last minute, so for once, make good use of procrastination by taking advantage of the lowered prices. There’s a little bit of risk involved with this choice, but if you’re more of a spontaneous person—go for it!
- Pick less common destinations. This one will require a little bit of research, but the payoff will be well worth it. Try to find summer vacations destinations that won’t be wracked with tourists and you’re bound to find more affordable flights.
- Ditch hotels. Instead of using hotels while on vacation this summer, consider alternatives like Airbnb. If you’re feeling really social (or brave) you could also try CouchSurfing. Both options will allow you to get a more local experience in the area you’re visiting and will help you save money while doing it.
New to FC360
Start funding your dream vacation by opening an investment account with FC360. We’ll manage your retirement and investment accounts for as low as $3 a month. As the first investment service to use a flat fee structure, we help our clients reach their financial goals faster. Sign up now to speak with one of our trusted finial advisors. Commission free. Hassle free.